Mr. Southworth is a graduate of the Duke University School of Law, where at graduation he received the “Faculty Award for Outstanding Achievement in Labor and Employment Law,” an award not given every year. He was also named the Neill James Blue Scholar. After Duke, Mr. Southworth was a labor and employment associate at an “AmLaw 100″ law firm, a distinction reserved for America’s largest law firms. As an employment attorney, he represented employers from small business to Fortune 500 companies. Before founding Southworth PC, Mr. Southworth was also a labor and employment attorney at another national law firm, and the senior attorney at one of America’s premier employment and federal practice boutiques,where he represented employees and former employees against entities ranging from Fortune 500 companies, to large governmental agencies. He also supervised other employment attorneys and designed the litigation strategies for numerous employment cases.
As an employment attorney, Mr. Southworth has represented clients in almost all areas of employment law, including sexual harassment and discrimination claims, racial harassment and discrimination claims, age harassment and discrimination claims, disability harassment and discrimination claims, medical leave interference and retaliation claims, wage and hour individual and class actions, and breach of employment agreement and fraud claims, among others. He has litigated claims before federal and state courts, before the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, before arbitration panels, before the EEOC’s administrative judges in hearings and otherwise, before the Merit Systems Protection Board, and before the United States Office of Personnel Management. He has litigated claims as an employment attorney against large companies, and numerous federal government agencies, including the United States Department of Labor, the United States Postal Service, the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, the United States Department of Defense, and the United States Department of Justice. He has represented clients residing in over ten different states nationwide, and uses pro hac and co-counsel relationships as appropriate.
Before matriculating at Duke, Mr. Southworth was a middle school English teacher as part of the Teach for America program. Mr. Southworth is also an honors graduate of Grinnell College.
Mr. Southworth is committed to his clients.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri Bankruptcy
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia Bankruptcy
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Admitted To The Bar:
- Georgia – 2012
- Missouri – 2009
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina, Juris Doctorate, 2009
- Honors: Faculty Award for Excellence in Labor and Employment Law
- Honors: Neill James Blue Scholar
- Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa, Bachelors’ Degree with Honors, 2004
- Honors: Trustee Honor Scholar
- Honors: Humanities Scholar
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Missouri
- State Bar of Kansas
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Former Middle School English teacher as Part of the “Teach for America” Program
Terina M. Williams is an Associate Attorney at Southworth PC. Ms. Williams represents employees and former employees in all areas of employment law, including but not limited to racial harassment and discrimination, sexual harassment and discrimination, retaliation, and wage and hour disputes.
Ms. Williams is an alumnus of the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where she received the highest grade in multiple courses and received the “Best Brief” award in Moot Court. Upon completing her law degree, Ms. Williams obtained her LL.M. in Taxation from Golden Gate University, School of Law where she graduated with honors.
Prior to joining Southworth PC, Ms. Williams was an associate attorney at a well-respected employment and civil rights litigation firm in California. Ms. Williams is committed to her work as an employment attorney and looks forward to working with you on your employment related needs.
Areas of Practice:
- Labor and Employment
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of California
- State Bar of California, December 2009
- State Bar of Georgia, January 2014
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, Juris Doctorate, May 2009
- Golden Gate University, School of Law, Master of Laws, Taxation, December 2010
- University of California, Irvine, Bachelor’s Degree, Criminology, Law & Society, June 2005.
John Camp offers our clients his 22 years of legal experience as an active duty Air Force Staff Judge Advocate to assist our military and federal civil service clients in addressing their Family Law matters. Whether it is federal benefits, pensions, child support, or complex custody and visitation matters, Mr. Camp knows first hand the problems faced by members of the Armed Forces and the federal civilian work force when they proceed through a separation or divorce.
His 38 years experience as an attorney is not reserved just for our military clients. He practices exclusively in Family Law and provides all of our clients with practical and down-to-earth advice when addressing their concerns. His experience and steady manner brings confidence to a turbulent time in our clients’ lives.
A frequent speaker for the Georgia Institute on Continuing Legal Education and Mercer Law School, Mr. Camp lectures to other attorneys across the Nation and State of Georgia on dividing military and federal retirement pensions, health care options for former military spouses, international issues on custody and support, and general family law matters.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law for Military and Federal Employees
- Military Law
- Federal Civil Service Law
- Domestic Mediation and Arbitration
Certified Legal Specialties
- Registered Mediator and Arbitrator
- Registered Agent, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Georgia, 1974
- Florida, 1994
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1975
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1974
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, 2012
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. – 1974
- Auburn University
- B.S. magna cum laude – 1971
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Family and Military Law Sections
- State Bar of Georgia, Military, Military & Veterans Law Section; Family Law Sections
- The Florida Bar Association, Military and Family Law Sections
- Macon Bar Association
- Federalist Society
- Augustus Bootle, American Inns of Court
- Houston County Bar Association
- Air Force Retired Judge Advocates Association
- Military Officers of American Association
Benin Brown is one of the few people that you will meet in Atlanta that was actually born and raised here. Mr. Brown is a Digital Media Specialist at the John Marshall Law School in Atlanta. His background includes extensive search engine optimization experience both in an in-house marketing setting and the agency environment. Prior to becoming a creative content writer, Benin worked as an SEO analyst for an Atlanta based marketing agency that specialized in providing lawyer marketing services.
“Moreover, as a published book author and content writer, my writing experience qualifies me to write on a variety of topics. If you were to select me as a content writer, here’s what you could expect:
* Content that is engaging, unique and well researched
* SEO know-how that results in content that helps you rank for even the toughest of keywords
* Content that is compliant with Google’s Penguin and Panda algorithms
* Writing that is optimized for search AND primed for maximum conversions”